Thursday, November 5, 2009

Following Social Media

For the past week I followed the New York Times, CNN and LA Observed on Twitter and Facebook. With the news sites I was genuinely surprised at how many stories they put up on Twitter. I assumed that it would just be the breaking stories but the New York Times and CNN put up links to pretty much every headline story they had. This made it a bit confusing as I didn't know which were the bigger stories, but I guess it was useful to go through and see all the headlines. On Facebook however, they pretty much just posted up a few of the bigger videos from random stories, so that wasn't really a good way to stay on top of the news. Twitter was definitely the better option as far as that was concerned. For LA Observed, I was extremely impressed with their Twitter feed as it actually had more valuable information than I was expecting. Overall I'd say they all did a nice job on Twitter, but for the New York Times and CNN I would rather have the bigger breaking news headlines as opposed to practically every story on their site being posted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment